MIU plans to simplify the construction mechanism in ports
The Ministry of Infrastructure has developed and published a bill on construction within the water areas of seaports and in the area of operation of navigation equipment.
The purpose of the bill, according to the department, is to balance the interests of the state and investors, recover infrastructure and increase the competitiveness of seaports.
It is also planned to simplify the construction mechanism on sea routes classified as navigable, within the water areas of seaports, in the area of operation of navigation equipment, to prevent unauthorized construction in the water area and on the territory of the seaport.
The bill provides for:
- elimination of legal conflicts regarding the procedure for the allocation of water fund lands occupied by the territorial sea, internal sea waters, as well as under the water area of seaports;
- determination of a single manager of land plots and water bodies above them, which are included in the list of sea and inland waterways classified as navigable;
- elimination of legal conflicts in planning the development of seaports of Ukraine;
- elimination of gaps in the legislation on the procedure for increasing the seaport territory at the expense of artificially created land plots;
- the need to develop a procedure approved by the Cabinet of Ministers for defining the boundaries of the territories of seaports;
- improvement of legislation in the field of construction, taking into account the specifics of the implementation of economic activities within the seaport and its legal regime.
The implementation of the provisions of the bill is expected through the introduction of appropriate amendments to the Merchant Shipping Code, the Water Code, the Land Code, as well as a number of laws.
More information on the bill can be found on the website of the Ministry of Infrastructure.