Russia’s Transneft suspends Novorossiysk berth operations for 90 days after inspection

Russia has imposed new restrictions on another oil export route, suspending the operation of a berth at the port of Novorossiysk.
Transneft said it had suspended the operation of one of its berths at the port of Novorossiysk for 90 days after a surprise inspection by the transport supervisory authority, Reuters reported.
“Operations at oil cargo berth No. 8 are temporarily prohibited. NCSP is obliged to eliminate all identified violations by June 30, 2025,” Transneft said.
According to industry sources, berth No. 8 at the Sheskharis terminal serves tankers with a deadweight of about 7,000 tons carrying diesel, which is mainly exported to Turkey and Georgia.
This year, in January-March, the berth processed about 100,000 tons of diesel fuel.
Two of the three berths at the nearby Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC) terminal, in which US oil giants Chevron and Exxon Mobil have stakes, were closed on Monday. USM previously reported that the Caspian Pipeline Consortium (CPC), which transported oil to the Novorossiysk terminals, had announced the suspension of oil pumping stations.