Egypt will import 120 thousand tons of Ukrainian wheat
Egypt purchased 360 thousand tons of wheat for delivery from 1st to 10th of December. The acquired volume was distributed among suppliers from Ukraine, Romania and Russia.
Traders reported the following purchases on a FOB plus freight conditions (grain transportation by sea) with a final price on a C&F basis:
- GTСS – 60 thousand tons of Russian wheat at a price of $327 per ton on FOB basis;
- Viterra (agricultural division of Glencore) – 60 thousand tons of Romanian wheat at $328.36 per ton on FOB basis;
- Nibulon – 60 thousand tons of Ukrainian wheat at a price of $327.5 per ton on FOB basis;
- Solaris – two consignments of 60 thousand tons of Russian wheat each at $328.36 on a FOB basis;
- Olam – 60 thousand tons of Ukrainian wheat at $328.7 on a FOB basis.
In October, Egypt has already imported Ukrainian wheat: Inerco Trade (a subsidiary of Kernel): sent 60 thousand tons to the country.
As USM reported earlier, in July Egypt purchased 120,000 tons of Ukrainian wheat from Nibulon and Inerco. At the same time, the country also bought 60 thousand tons of Romanian wheat from Viterra (an agricultural division of Glencore).