Freight rates on the Danube decreased due to the increase in sea exports
Freight rates for river transportation decreased due to the recovery of exports through the Ukrainian maritime corridor.
“Restoration of export shipments by sea reduces the flow of goods in the direction of the Danube. As a result, river freight rates are decreasing. As a result of stable shipments via the sea corridor, it is worth noting the stabilization and gradual reduction of freight rates in this direction,” Spike Brokers analysts report.
Market rates for transportation by water transport:
• Izmail, Ukraine — Constanta, Romania — 30-35€ (1-3 thousand tons),
• Izmail, Ukraine — Eastern Italy — $60-65 (4-6 thousand tons),
• Izmail, Ukraine — Greece — $48-51 (3-4 thousand tons),
• Chornomorsk, Ukraine — Spain — $52-58 (25-35 thousand tons),
• Chornomorsk, Ukraine — Spain — $42-48 (55-65 thousand tons).
It should be noted that the total export of Ukrainian agricultural products by sea and river in October amounted to about 3 million tons.