Ukraine will introduce new exams and certificates for drivers of small boats
The Ministry of Infrastructure has published a draft order approving the Procedure for training and confirming the qualifications of boatmasters of small boats and jet skis.
The Procedure also regulates the issuance of an international certificate for the right to drive a pleasure craft. The document implements the provisions of Art. 163 and article 41 of the Law “On Inland Water Transport”.
The procedure does not apply to persons who navigate:
- vessels under the naval flag of Ukraine;
- sports vessels;
- rowing boats.
A candidate may receive a certificate if:
- his age is not less than 18 years;
- successfully passed the exam in the qualification commission;
- there is a valid certificate of fitness to operate a vessel for health reasons (meaning physical and mental health, as well as the required level of sense of vision, hearing and color discrimination);
- there is a document confirming the payment of the administrative fee;
The State Service of Sea and River Transport (Maritime Administration) has been appointed as the body for issuing relevant certificates.
More information about the draft order can be found on the website of the Ministry of Infrastructure.